The club offers competitive fleet racing. We sail a range of single and two handed boats that will suit all standards and sailing abilities. Our fleet captains, instructors and coaches will ensure that everyone can develop their skills and get the maximum enjoyment from sailing at the club. Racing takes place every Sunday throughout the year please see the separate pages on our Series and Trophy races.
Part of the appeal of South Staffs is due to the strict restricted classes policy operated by the club. Whilst this may be seen by some people to restrict the potential membership, the aim is to provide members with close racing against people in similar boats. Another advantage is that there is always someone in the boat park to provide assistance with boat setup and tuning.
Although there is a healthy inter fleet rivalry in the club, all members share the belief that it is important that people are sailing, no matter what they sail.
Please see the separate fleet pages for further information and advice.
We run four series throughout the year:
- Icicle Series (January to February)
- Spring Series (March to May)
- Summer Series (June to September)
- Frostbite Series (September to December)
There are also numerous Trophy Races run throughout the year. See the club calendar for details on this year's events. A history of our trophy events is attached below.
Notice of Race, Racing instructions and Race Officer downloads are also available below.
- History of Trophies.pdf
- RACE OFFICER MANUAL 2021.pdf
- CLUB RACING NOTICE OF RACE 2021.pdf
- Adendum Sailing Instructions For Spring 2021.pdf
- CLUB SAILING INSTRUCTIONS 2021.pdf
- PERSONAL HANDICAPS 01.06.21.html
- CLUB RACE SCHEDULES 2021.pdf
Last updated 10:26 on 22 June 2021