2021 Subs & Application information
Annual Subscription Rates for 2021 (payable monthly by Direct Debit)
- JOINT (both partners and children under 18 years) £180.00 (£15 per month)
- ORDINARY (individual Adults 18 and over and their children under 18 years) £144.00 (£12 per month) - Students over 18, and in full time education, receive a 50% concession on ORDINARY membership £72 (£6 per month)
- UNDER 18 (Under 18 sailing, with a NON SAILING member) £60.00 (£5 per month)
- NON-SAILING/STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING Individual £42.00 (£3.50 per month) Family £120.00 (£10 per month)
(payable annually in respect of each boat used at the club, please note the fee is not a boat park fee and is payable irrespective of whether a boat is kept at the club)
- FIRST BOAT £84.00 (£7 per month)
- ADDITIONAL/JUNIOR BOAT (Mirror, Topper, Optimist, Feva) £51.00 (£4.25 per month)
New Members Declaration
Medical Declaration: I declare that to the best of my knowledge that all the applicants on the online application submitted by me are medically fit to participate in the activities of the club. I accept that whilst relatively small, there are inherent risks with sailing and that SSSC cannot accept any responsibility for the safety of any member or the actions of other members or visitors. If you have any medical condition that you feel a club official should be aware of please provide these details via the Members Portal on the website, if you participate in any organized training please inform the Senior Instructor or Principal.
Online Members Directory: This is available online and members can determine their own privacy level via the Profile page to decide which of their contact details are "Private", available to "Members only" (when logged in) or "Public", these preferences can be updated at any time. By uploading images you accept that they will be available to other logged in members. By having access to the Portal your name, associations to other adult members and to boats will be viewable by other members on the portal, if you have any concerns please contact the Membership Secretary.
Photography: The Club may arrange for photographs or videos to be taken of the Club activities and published on our website or social media channels to promote the Club. You can give or withdraw consent at any time on your "Profile" via the Members Portal on the Club website (lead members can also update these preferences for co-members).
Data Protection: The information provided at sign up to the Portal and during online application, or otherwise obtained or provided during the period of your membership of the Club, will be used solely for the purpose of dealing with you as a member. The data will not be shared with any third party for marketing or commercial purposes without firstly obtaining your explicit consent.
Safety Boat Facilities: Safety boat facilities are normally provided only during the hours of club racing and training sessions. Parents and guardians have sole responsibility for their children and wards as the Club cannot be expected to exercise supervision or control. The Club cannot accept any responsibility for the safety of any member or the actions of other members or visitors.
Boat Park: All boats are parked at the owners' risk. The club doesn't guarantee a boat park space will be available
On behalf of all the persons named in my online application, I apply for membership of SSSC, and confirm that the details provided are correct. On submission of your application you will gain temporary membership (with all the privileges of club membership) after a period of 2 days has lapsed and your application will be passed to the general committee for confirming your full membership at their next meeting. During the period of membership (whether temporary or full) I agree:
1) to abide by the Club's Rules and Constitution (available on the club website).
2) that to the fullest extent allowed by law neither the Club nor its members shall be responsible for any loss, damage, personal injury or death however caused to the owner/competitor or crew as a result of their taking part in a race or races or other activities whether related to sailing or otherwise. I acknowledge that every owner/competitor warrants the suitability of his/her craft during racing or other activities.
3) I note the requirement for all members to volunteer for duties relating to running the club the frequency of which is determined by the general committee. Duties are either helping with race organization or with catering.
4) I have the consent of all adult persons to which this application applies to make this agreement on their behalf and intend that this shall also apply to all minors to which this application relates.
INSURANCE: It is a club rule that all craft at South Staffordshire Sailing Club must be insured against all claims in respect of Third Party, Injury and Damage whether to person or property for a minimum sum of £2,000,000. I declare that any craft(s) will be insured in accordance with the club rule when at the club.
1. Club sailing takes place on Sundays and Tuesday evenings from mid-April to mid-August. The adult classes sailed are: GP14, Lark, Firefly, O.K. and Solo. Juniors (under 18) train on Sunday mornings and have their own races.
2. Junior boats are: Optimists, Toppers and Mirrors (in addition to the adult classes).
3. In order to qualify for any race or series of races sailed for at the Club it is necessary to abide by the Class Rules of the boat concerned.
4. The club is also open for practice sailing (with help if needed) on Wednesday evenings from April to August inclusive, and on designated Saturday mornings throughout the year.
5. Non-sailing members may sail only four times per season, as a guest of a full member.
6. Paddle boards may be used at anytime but please beware of boats which are racing.
7. The Club year commences on the 1st January, when renewal subscriptions become due. Similarly the age of Juniors is as on that day.
8. Any friend or relative of a member wishing to use the Club facilities, other than as provided for in the Constitution as a guest, should apply for the appropriate membership.
9. Additional concessionary rates are available to members as follows: a. JOINT and ORDINARY members who are over state pensionable age (50% annual subscriptions) b. STUDENT members who study away from home and who are unable to sail regularly (50% annual subscriptions)
I undertake, by continuing with my application, to adhere to the conditions of membership outlined in this form and the current versions of any associated Rules and Constitution and to inform the Membership Secretary as soon as possible should any of my circumstances change.
Last updated 18:48 on 19 September 2021